Gut Friendly Chicken Soup
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 20 Minutes
This soothing gut cleansing tasty soup recipe will help calm and refresh your gut and digestive system. Plus, it tastes refreshing and feels great! It's also a great lunch or dinner if you're feeling unwell as chicken soup is one of the best foods you can eat when you have the flu or a cold because it soothes your symptoms and helps clear congestion when you're sick. It also makes you feel better because the salt in the soup helps reduce soreness in your throat.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oniondiced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 carrots washed and cubed
- 1 celery sticks washed and chopped
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 2 inch cubed ginger root
- 1tsp rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Good splash of apple cider vinegar (about 2-3 tbsp)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded (you can use the shredded ginger chicken here if you like)
- 2 Litres water and low salt chicken stock
- ½ glass bone broth
- 1/2 pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 1 x sweet potato – peeled and cubed
- 3 green leafy vegetables e.g. kale, Swiss chard, cabbage, (de-stemmed and roughly chopped)
- Dollop full fat Greek yogurt for topping
Step 1: In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat, and sweat the chopped onions, garlic and ginger in oil until tender.
Step 2: Add carrots, celery and herbs and spices and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 3: Add vinegar, chicken, stock or water and chicken, and cook on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the pumpkin and sweet potato and other vegetables have softened.
Step 4: Stir through the chopped green leaves and cook for a further 3 minutes until tender.
Step 5: Add a scoop of Greek yogurt on top and enjoy. Try serving with a slice or sourdough bread for dunking!
Use this for a quick, effective and similar result...
Buy a pre-made healthy chicken soup from your local supermarket and add some extra veggies to it!